Friday, May 21, 2010

other people's ideas


Friday, 8:27 AM

Good morning fellow blogger(s).  I come to you this morning with happy thoughts.  Although I am at work (experiencing a great deal of tiredness) I am in good spirits.  My parents have left the country and will not be back until next Friday.  My brothers and I couldn't be happier.  Lately life with my mother has been a little more difficult than it usually is.  We typically get along great.  I consider my mother one of my best friends, but lately we have been eachother's biggest enemies!  Apparently she has "run out" of her medication (happy pills!) and so she has been extra crabby and mean!  It's fun.  Not.  But she's gone so all is good.  Plus, I move out 4 days after she gets back!  Joy.

Ever since I started working I have been spending much time on the internet with nothing to do.  (Working at the Admission's office in the summer is quite a drag...) I found this really neat website with lots of different projects that I would like to take on for my new apartment.  The link is here:  http://www.craftster.org/  I would like to show you some of the projects I will be attempting:

As many of you (granted I only have like two readers, haha.) know I have a lot of stuff.  I do not own any sort of shelving unit.  My dad has a bunch of scrap wood from previous projects (my parents are ALWAYS working on something) and hopefully he can give me some to make these lovely shelves!  I would most likely paint them different colors or my typical black .. we'll see.


This next project I am for surely doing.  The materials have already been ordered.   In my apartment I have one window and I plan on making these "slide curtains" for it.  I have ordered 400 slides, hopefully that will be enough.  As you can see I will have to drill several holes in each slide.  This could take me a while, but with plenty of good music and a postive attitude I think I can make it through.  I am especially excited for this project.  :)


Another project that I will for surely be doing is this light thing (I would like to come up with creative names for these items/projects... but those are still waiting to be created.)  This light might be a little difficult to make but with a little practice I think I will get the hang of it.  You basically buy some yarn and glue (and some other things.. I can give you the directions if you ask me) and you wrap those around a big balloon, let it dry, stick a hanging light in there, and pop the balloon.  Sounds easy, but I heard it's really difficult.  But it's so cool, so I have to do it.

Those are Ikea pillows in the backround ;) 

This next project (and last) will be very easy to make.  I just need to find a nice tree branch and somehow master the art of making paper cranes.  No problem.


I am sure today I will find a handful of other projects to take on in the near future.  This certainly will be my anti-drug for the next couple of weeks.  Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment